Our pets have different care needs at different points in their life. Early on, we’ll work with you to get them on the right track. As they age, their healthcare needs will change, and the Capitol Animal Clinic team will be there every step of the way. Fortunately, we offer wellness plans for pets of all ages. Planning for your pet’s annual care needs can be difficult, so our wellness plans help fit these costs into most budgets! Make monthly payments to spread the cost out over the course of a year. All plans come with discounts and unlimited nail trims! These plans are customized to each pet’s individual needs, so call or stop by today to see how wellness plans can work for you!
We also have some tips for caring for your senior cat:
- Schedule veterinarian checkups at least twice a year. The older your senior cat, the more important it is to maintain good health.
- Be more informed and aware of your senior cat’s condition. Observe your cat on a regular basis to stay on top of any potential symptoms of diseases.
- To ease digestion, consider feeding your cat several meals a day instead, of one large serving.
- Avoid overfeeding – obesity can lead to numerous health problems and may shorten your cat’s life.
- Keep your cat on a regular exercise routine to help preserve muscle tone and to keep bones and joints strong.
- Don’t overlook your cat’s dental health. Have your cat’s teeth cleaned by your veterinarian when advised, and brush them at home on a regular basis.
- Have your veterinarian perform regular vaccinations.
- Keep your senior cat’s bed and surrounding area clean, and always remain proactive in controlling fleas.
- Because senior cats are prone to inactivity, inspect your cat’s nails on a regular basis and trim them when necessary.
- Don’t forget to give your cat plenty of love and attention – the keys to a healthier and more fulfilling life for your senior cat!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your pet’s overall health.